Broadly, the term digital health refers to any form of healthcare provision delivered via electronic means. This may include electronic health records, electronic referrals, secure messaging between providers, and telehealth/ telemedicine.
The use of electronic health records may also be referred using the digital health/ eHealth terminology which has been branded “My Health Record” by the Australian Government.
Digital Health indicators as determined by the Department of Health and to be delivered by PHNs are as follows:
- Support healthcare providers to navigate, set up and connection to My Health Record
- National Health Services Directory and the National Endpoint Location service – establish effective ways of keeping them up to date
- Distribute and use content from monthly digital health newsletter in your own publications
- Promote availability of refreshed training resources and access to face-to-face training
- Respond to or coordinate requests for support and training
- Provide advice to GPs on changes from PIP eHealth incentive to Digital Health incentive
- Embed promotion and use of digital health into other activities of PHN eg training PHN staff, or including digital health updates in discussions with PHN stakeholders.