Queensland Health Spirometry Training Program
Date: Aug 30, 2019 09:00:00
Queensland Health Spirometry Training Program (QHSTP) Workshop
The Spirometry training program provides clinicians with the skills, knowledge and specific competencies required to perform spirometry to international standards and Queensland Health guidelines.
||30 August 2019
||1 full day workshop (plus online pre-requisite learning modules)
||Mount Isa, Venue TBC
||1 July 2019
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- explain the purpose of spirometry testing
- identify the contraindications to spirometry testing
- conduct spirometry testing with adults and children to international standards and local guidelines
- produce acceptable and repeatable results and recognise inaccurate test performances
- interpret spirometry test results
- implement quality assurance processes to ensure the accuracy of spirometry tests.
The program prepares participants for a range of roles including working with adults and children, in tertiary healthcare facilities, community and rural health, occupational health and screening services, outreach services, private practice specialist respiratory services, general practice, pathology services, research.
For further information and registration: https://metronorth.health.qld.gov.au/refer-your-patient-page/spirometry-training-program